Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5: Just Another Saturday Night

 
DAY 5
 
I heard this song today and although I wasn`t looking for some chick to talk to like Sam Cooke was I ended up spending the night talking to a few amazing chicks that I have known all my life and it was a really nice way to spend my Saturday night.
 
I have to admit that there`s alot to be said about just hanging out with your childhood friends. I don`t know how it is for most people but for me it`s super cool that we still see each other. These are the friends that I spent my childhood dreaming with. I remember when we wanted to grow up to become the next world famous all girl band.
 
We once wrote a song called `high opportunities`and we would perform it in my back yard. We`d dance on the picnic table and then one of us would climb the ladder that we would place in front of the apple tree and I remember one of the signiture moves was to pluck an apple...lol hilarious.
 
I can`t remember the lyrics but I recall a few went something like `High opportunities everywhere I go, I`ve got high opportunities wouldn`t you know` It`s probably a good thing that I can`t remember them. I personally had no opportunities to be a singer because I have never been able to claim that as talent. My girlfriends were better singers than me that`s for sure. We were all very creative though, still are actually. Paula is an amazing painter, she always has been and had never taken a class when we where young. I was always the wannabe actress in the group so public speaking isn`t much of a stretch I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment