Sunday, January 6, 2013

Choose to Thrive over Survive in 2013 and Beyond

 
DAY 6
 

We are almost a full week into the New Year and so far I can say I feel the shift in the air. That of coarse may have a lot to with the fact that the world didn't end on December 21st yet Democrats and Rebuplicans must have been banking on the end (I will leave that for a future posting).

I have to chuckle at the media references leading up to the date and beyond. I suppose it is one of those double edged swords because as traditional news media goes it is all about reporting the current events. I personally shutter at the thought of that however one has to admit to report or not to report was the ultimate question and yet seriously if you didn't report and the world had ended who would have been around to criticize you anyways? 

(
The Dark Tower in Scorpius
Image Credit & Copyright: Don Goldman

Explanation: In silhouette against a crowded star field toward the constellation Scorpius, this dusty cosmic cloud evokes for some the image of an ominous dark tower. In fact, clumps of dust and molecular gas collapsing to form stars may well lurk within the dark nebula, a structure that spans almost 40 light-years across this gorgeous telescopic portrait. Known as a cometary globule, the swept-back cloud, extending from the lower right to the head (top of the tower) left and above center, is shaped by intense ultraviolet radiation from the OB association of very hot stars in NGC 6231, off the upper edge of the scene. That energetic ultraviolet light also powers the globule's bordering reddish glow of hydrogen gas. Hot stars embedded in the dust can be seen as bluish reflection nebulae. This dark tower, NGC 6231, and associated nebulae are about 5,000 light-years away.

So here's to the dawn of a new year, a new era and who nows maybe the beginning of the end. Above is a today's Astronomy Picture of the Day I personally can't wait for the next big date and I am reading all the Nostrodamus I can get my hands on so I can get a jump on the next big end of the world wave. Me personally I have enjoyed all the galactic discoveries of the past few years and think not enough empasis was placed on those stellar discoveries but then again I am a nerd at heart.

So my advice to all whould be to choose to THRIVE not SURVIVE in 2013 and lets make this your "BEST YEAR YET!"

No comments:

Post a Comment